Is your HP laptop not turning on after installing the recent Windows 10 update? You are not alone mate! Many HP Laptop users are facing this kind of issues in recent times. Here in this article, I have given some easy fixes to solve all those issues which are restricting your HP Laptop turning on.
These are some common reasons because of which you might have the problem…
- Corrupted registry files
- Lack of minimum system requirements
- Damaged drivers
- Fragmented files
- Hardware related issue
Besides, the above there can be other issues also. As you go through the article you will get the exact fixes for all of them.
Fix: HP Laptop Not Turning On
To fix the problem initially try the following two methods:
Reset Your HP Laptop
Resetting your laptop can solve the issue temporarily. Here are the steps you need to follow to reset your laptop…
- Firstly, Pull out the battery and remove the power cord
- Then, Press and hold the power button for a few seconds
- Now, Plug in the power cord only. Can you see your laptop turning on? Then insert the battery.
Reset Your Laptop BIOS Settings
HP laptop won’t boot up after Windows 10 update? Make use of the BIOS settings to repair your laptop. Follow the steps below to do so…
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds, it will turn off the computer
- Then, power on the computer and press the F10 key immediately. Press the F10 key for repetitive times, until you see the BIOS settings window
- Now press the F9 Key and select the Yes button and hit Enter on your keyboard. This will restore BIOS to default settings
- Finally, exit BIOS and restart your laptop again
As you have tried all the basic solutions but still facing issues, no need to worry amigos. Let’s jump to few more solutions. Have a look, I have shortlisted some of the fixes. Give them a try and avoid any further problem on your HP Laptop.
Now follow the little things.
Defragment your computer Hard Drive
You can commit a force shutdown if your HP laptop not turning on. But it may cause data loss. All of your unsaved data will be erased if you shut down your PC forcefully. Now restart your Computer and dislocate your Hard Drive.
Now guys follow the steps:
- Click on the Start Button
- Go to all programs and then accessories
- Now you will find System Tools there, just hit the Disk Defragmenter
Note: Always Remember to Log in as an administrator to your HP Laptop for the defragmentation of your hard disk.
Now it’s time for next solution.
Run Windows Update
If your HP Laptop not turning on after startup you need to update your operating system to resolve your issue. Just make it sure that your operating system is running the latest software and programs.
Now go through the steps below to run a windows update:
- Click on the Start Button
- Go to the option All Programs
- Now Click on the Windows Update to run the update process
Note: Logged on as an administrator to your Windows PC to let the updates install and work.
Here is another solution for you.
Run a Full Virus Scan
Run a full virus scan to ensure that your computer is not affected by any virus, spyware or bot infections. A malware can cause your Windows PC hanged and frozen. Open your anti-malware software and update it with the latest malware definitions. Then go for a scan. Wait for the scan to complete and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Fix Registry Files of your PC
Corrupted registry entries can lead you to several issues with your laptop. And HP Laptop not turning is one of those. Fixing the registry files will surely help you to solve the problem. Follow these steps carefully and fix the registry files.
- Go to Start and there type CMD
- Now Right Click and run as an administrator
- Here you have called an elevated command prompt
- Here to verify and repair the OS type ‘sfc /scannow’
- Or to only check the problem type ‘sfc /verifyonly’
Now, you just need to run this steps a few times to fix all your problem. After you run the system file checker you will be given one of these three messages:
- Windows did not find any integrity violations
- Resource Protection found corrupt files and repaired them
- Windows Resource Protection found files which are corrupted but was not able to fix some of them
Have you got the first message? Then stay free from any tension. The registry files of your laptop have not been corrupted.
If you got the third one then you must get help from the experts. Visit the HP Laptop Support Portal and talk to the chat assistants available there. They can give you the best solution to your problem.
That’s all guys. I have shared all my takes on HP Laptop not turning on issue. I will advise you to try the basic solutions first. If your problem does not get resolved then go for the further fixes. Try up all the solutions and get rid of the problems you have with your HP Laptop. I hope the article will serve you to solve your issue. Wrapping up I must say it again, it is best to get help from the experts to solve any of your problem with HP Laptop. Call at the toll-free HP Support number and avail the solution for your laptop issues.